Someone who believes that there are no free lunches probably never has worked for Google or isn’t very aware of the lifestyle of a Google employee. They don’t just provide their employees with free lunches; they arrange a complete gourmet meal for them. There is a selection of healthy and palatable meals each and every day, and also take care of your midway munchies.
There are a lot of employee benefit programs that they run like another one would be taking care of the health of the employees. You will find a lot of medical facilities and on-site doctor available for consultation. And not just this, a lot of other facilities like dry cleaning, massage therapy, gym, fitness classes, car wash, financial assistance etc. is also provided.
And there are not many organizations that you would come across, who provide such great employee benefit programs to their workers. So if you are looking to take up a job or job change, make sure that you have gone through all the benefits that the company is going to provide you with later. If you already are working somewhere and you are unaware of the benefits, make sure you check them. Or if it has been a while that you last checked them, do it sooner. It is the most background defining, withholding and hiring tool.
Here are a few benefits that are most popularly followed nowadays by the companies;
1) One of the most commonly spread benefits is the family friendliness. A maximum number of HR professionals will tell you that companies are offering flexible spending accounts for the care of anyone dependent. Then there are other benefits for a family that includes insurances for the ones that are dependent, flexible timing to come to work that can be decided by the employee where they are at the fancy to select the work hours within limits. Telecommuting is offered to the employees by the respondents and also sometimes made available for full time as well.
2) A lot of companies make sure that they assist their employees the best in the development of carrier. They also arrange seminars, conferences, and courses for enlightenment. There are also are a few who will also pay for your professional license application or if there is a renewal fee.
3) Your financial planning and retirement will be taken care of well. There are a plethora of retirement plans that are included in these employee benefits to make sure that the employees of the company have a better tomorrow and also this is another very smart way to hold the employee back for long.
4) Assistance in education is given in need. A lot of companies offer both undergraduate educational assistance and graduate educational assistance both, depending on the need of the employee.
5) There are monetary bonuses also for these benefits sometimes. They can be in form of anything, incentives, bonuses, gift cards etc.
6) One of the most common benefits provided to the employees is the medicinal coverage. It has been close to a decade that this benefit has taken rage among the companies. Whatever prescribed drugs that you’ll need would be taken care of by the company.
7) The healthcare insurance that covers your health needs is another thing that the HR guys will boast a lot about. This is a pretty popular and common benefit given to the employee.
8) Onsite vaccination is provided to the employees for the benefit of preventive health and benefit for several conditions like cholesterol, high blood pressure etc.
So these are a few benefits that are commonly offered by the companies to make sure they create a healthy and constructive environment for the employee and give them more and more reasons to stick to the company, so make sure you check if you are availing all these benefits or not.