Deciding on whether to stay on Disney or Non-Disney World hotels is sometimes challenging. To better come up with the best choice for hotel accommodation, here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of staying on or off-site.
Advantages of Staying Off-Site
• When staying off-site, the hotels usually offer more variety of amenities to compensate with its location and they also offer lower prices since staying at hotels situated near Disney World are quite costly
• Normally, hotels located outside Disney World are larger, one huge advantage for those who are traveling in large groups since these hotel rooms are good for 5 to 6 people while Disney hotel rooms are only good for four people regardless of the age of the guest.
• Most offsite hotels offer free transportation to Disney World as well as to other attractions such as Universal and Seaworld while hotels onsite only offer free transportation to Disney parks and they will not take you to the other area attractions in the city.
• Apart from Disney World, Orlando has many other tourist attractions worth exploring and by staying in an offsite hotel, there is easier access to these smaller-scale tourist spots all over the place such as shopping venues, great restaurants and golf courses too.
• A lot of these hotels also offer discounts for Disney World tickets as well as with SeaWorld or Universal if you choose to have your accommodation with them.
• As for the food, breakfast is free and last minute specials even on peak season while Disney properties have no freebies to offer and dining on these onsite hotels can be very costly for what you will get
• A lot of the Disney hotels are already a little old compared to a lot of new hotels being continually established offsite.
Disadvantages of Staying Off-Site
• In terms of quality, there is a great difference between onsite and offsite hotels.
• Free transportation to and from the International Airport will be provided by these onsite hotels.
• Free shuttle service to all of the four parks in Disney World will also be provided. Unlike those in offsite hotels where some share the same shuttle services resulting in a crowded ride, there will be no difficulty finding these free shuttle services even during the busy seasons since they run for every thirty minutes.
• Disney World offers one Magical Hour as they call it to those who choose to have their stay in these Disney properties. The guests will be allowed to enter the park an hour before the guests who are not staying at the Disney World Resort gets to enter.
• Most of the employees working in offsite hotels are not very familiar with the Disney World or perhaps, Orlando in general unlike those who are staffed in these onsite hotels who are trained well to attend to your needs.
• Of course, if you will have your accommodation in these Disney hotels, you will be able to charge stuff to your room giving you a less hassle tour to the park.
• Disney guests also have the chance to have a character tuck the kids to bed before they have that wonderful slumber.
In a life that is dictated by routines, vacations and traveling is a thing that helps keep us sane. The idea of taking annual leaves regularly makes a lot of sense. The last thing any of us want, on his or her travel, is a non-compatible travel partner. If you are on your own, traveling with a friend or looking for a travel companion, a few tips might help you from having a trip to hell. Here are seven tips for traveling as a couple:
• Decide upfront why you are going and what you want to get out of the trip.
• Money has the potential of destroying the best of friendships, let alone create problems if your travel companion is a mere acquaintance. Its best to decide what, where, and how much you will be spending on mutual expenses.
• Prepare a tentative itinerary; places you want to visit, things to do and time to be spent at each location.
• Traveling with someone has benefits, but even then, you should get some time to yourself. Make allowance for the time that each will be spending on their own.
• Everyone enjoys different aspects of travel. It’s good to figure out each other’s preferences before getting stuck together on a rather costly trip. Some of us are night people while others can’t keep their eyes open after dark. Some like everything decided and planned, others are more spontaneous. Some like to indulge in the culture while others prefer to immerse themselves in the sights only. Make sure you and your companion share some views, if not all, regarding traveling.
• Unless you are 100% sure about the person you are traveling with, pack some earplugs, they can be a lifeline during an otherwise sleepless night.
• Have an open mind & a generous heart. Give the other person some space & make the most of your solo time as well. Have fun and keep it enjoyable for both.
Be sure to check out Hotels Etc. for deep travel discounts.
250,000 New local Discounts Now Available!
Hotels Etc. is excited to announce the release of our new local discount program just in time for the holiday season. Enjoy over 250,000 local discounts available to all member levels. Please see the image below to see how many merchants are in each category.
To access your new member benefits, simply login to Hotels Etc. and click on the Local Deal banner located on the left of your members’ home page.
To learn more about member benefits visit www.hotelsetc.com
12 Days of Christmas Campaign
Watch your emails for our 12 days of Christmas campaign and have a chance to win an all-expense-paid trip to Universal Studios, including airfare, flight, and park tickets.