In a life that is dictated by routines, vacations and traveling is a thing that helps keep us sane. The idea of taking annual leaves regularly makes a lot of sense. The last thing any of us want, on his or her travel, is a non-compatible travel partner. If you are on your own, traveling with a friend or looking for a travel companion, a few tips might help you from having a trip to hell. Here are seven tips for traveling as a couple:
• Decide upfront why you are going and what you want to get out of the trip.
• Money has the potential of destroying the best of friendships, let alone create problems if your travel companion is a mere acquaintance. Its best to decide what, where, and how much you will be spending on mutual expenses.
• Prepare a tentative itinerary; places you want to visit, things to do and time to be spent at each location.
• Traveling with someone has benefits, but even then, you should get some time to yourself. Make allowance for the time that each will be spending on their own.
• Everyone enjoys different aspects of travel. It’s good to figure out each other’s preferences before getting stuck together on a rather costly trip. Some of us are night people while others can’t keep their eyes open after dark. Some like everything decided and planned, others are more spontaneous. Some like to indulge in the culture while others prefer to immerse themselves in the sights only. Make sure you and your companion share some views, if not all, regarding traveling.
• Unless you are 100% sure about the person you are traveling with, pack some earplugs, they can be a lifeline during an otherwise sleepless night.
• Have an open mind & a generous heart. Give the other person some space & make the most of your solo time as well. Have fun and keep it enjoyable for both.
Be sure to check out Hotels Etc. for deep travel discounts.