Hotel booking is a vital part of any travel plan. You need to consider it as important as the travel tickets. There are many ways using promo codes which you can save money on hotel bookings. This could be in terms of discounts, offers, free stay or complementary services. Hotel promo codes act as one such way to fetch you discounted prices on hotel stays if you are not a member of a hotel membership club. Though they seem to be very attractive, hotel promo codes come with their share of disadvantages. That’s the reason you need to look out for better options to get good deals on hotel bookings.
Where do you get hotel promo codes?
You can get hotel promo codes at many places. You will mostly find them online. Here are some ways you can get hotel promo codes online,
- Websites – There are many websites that are totally dedicated to giving its users promo codes for various hotels. You can search such websites by giving the city name in which you would like to stay on the search engine.
- Blogs – You also can find blogs that are travel and hotel related which host such promo codes. When hotels sponsor the blogs that are famous, they give away such promo codes to the blog readers.
- Online shopping – You may win promo codes on certain purchases you make on the internet. For example when you purchase tickets or travel bags or tour packages, you can get hotel promo codes.
- Review portals – There are many portals which thrive on various reviews. Such review sites usually give away promo codes at times just to make their content interesting and to attract more readers.
Why aren’t the hotel promo-codes the best?
Promo codes do render you some discounts; however, they are not the best discounts you can get. There are many other aids which will give you better deals. Here is why hotel promo codes may not work out for you,
- False codes – The major risk in going for promo codes, is that they can be fake. You may end up making heavy purchases for these codes or rely on them when you plan your trip. However, you cannot be completely sure that the codes you have are genuine.
- Low discounts – Almost always, the hotel promo codes give you lesser discounts than the hotel directly gives. This is because the middlemen, who give the codes, take a bit as their commission. So you actually end up getting much lower deals than you would have got if you would have contacted the hotel directly.
- Strings attached – Many promo codes come with strings attached to them. You may need to for example, book for 3 nights and get 1 night stay free with the code, or you may have to book the stay only on certain days. Some may not even cover the whole amount.
Therefore it is always good not to hunt for promo codes because eventually you may not get what you expected out of them.
Instead you are encouraged to join a membership club that has dedicated promo codes for members or hotel discounts that don’t require a code. Companies like Hotels Etc. has spent years negotiating discounts not available to the public and in return provides them to members of their organization. You can view more info about Hotels Etc. by visiting their site.